Each capsule contains:
Functional yogurt ………. 300 mg
containing live Lactobacillus acidophilus 875 million and Bifidobacterium lactis 875 million
What is probiotic?
Probiotic means health-promoting good bacteria and also called ‘flora’. Probiotic microorganisms may help to prevent overgrowth of potentially harmful bacteria and stimulate the intestinal immune defense system. Lactobacillus are normal inhabitants of the human intestine and vagina. Bifidobacterium are inhabitants of the colon.
● Regular consumption of probiotics improves the gut microflora and reduces the number of unwanted bacteria.
● It improves recovery after antibiotic treatment, repopulation with good bacteria helps to re-establish a healthy balance of bacteria.
● Probiotics improve digestibility of food and reduce flatulence; foods exposed to these bacteria are broken down and improve the biological value of foods. And also improve lactose intolerance and absorption of calcium containing foods.
● It directly acts with the immune system by activation of white blood cells and stimulates powerful defense cells like the natural killer cells and increases the antiviral chemicals like interferon.
● Prevention and treatment of diarrhoea
● To restore normal flora after diarrhoea or antibiotic therapy
● Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Child : one capsule daily
Adult : two capsules daily
Child : one capsule two times daily
Adult : two capsules two times daily
The dosage can be increased according to requirement.
Interaction with drugs:
(1) If used together with antibiotics, it can be reduced the effect. That is why, it should be used 3 days after antibiotic doses.
(2) Antacids should be taken 30 minutes before taking to prevent damage by gastric acid.
(3) Probiotics may prolong the effect of diazepam and oral contraceptive pills.
Interaction with foods:
(1) Non-digestible sugar chains, fructo-oligosaccharides FOS, (also called prebiotic) may help the growth of Lactobacillus.
(2) Alcohol can destroy the probiotics.
Intestinal damage, recent bowel surgery, organ transplant, immunosuppressive therapy and children under 1 year
Mixing with hot food and drink should be avoided.
● 10 capsules in one blister with secondary box
● Also available as 60 capsules per bottle